St. Martin’s Tower
St. Martin’s Tower is 17m high. It overlooks the Vallon des Vaux, offering a sweeping view of the countryside and the villages of Chêne-Pâquier and Chavannes-le-Chêne.
The Tower dates from the 12th century. It belonged to the municipality of Chêne-Pâquier until 1360 and was later burned to the ground by the people of Bern in 1530.
A little path leads from Yvonand to the Tower, running alongside the Creek des Vaux and winding through open country and undergrowth. Walkers may enjoy a pleasant stroll along the path before the challenge of climbing up the Tower itself. The effort is worth it, however: from the top of the Tower, they will be rewarded by a truly magnificent view.